It is currently:
2020 Jul 12|
Database last updated:
2020 Feb 13
Welcome to XL Search!
XL Search is a search engine, similar to C|Net's "Shareware.com",
which lets you find files (software programs, images, documents, etc.) at an
FTP site and download them to your PC.
If you've got an Atari 8-bit computer or emulator, this is the best
spot to find software fast!!!
Here are some tips:
April 12, 2018 — Sadly, Ken Sider's site is now down.
Petr Svacina's "gmork" site is accessible via HTTP (not via FTP any longer);
updated index to reflect this. I've added a "sort by date" function, and
the ability to see everything from 6 months, or 1, 2, or 3 years back,
in the "New Arrivals" section. (And also made things more robust against
malformed dates found in some QIF index files.)
When entering search keywords, it may be more useful to type some
descriptive words rather than filenames, just in case the filename is
slightly different than what you're thinking.
Remember, you can also access XL Search via e-mail! Send a blank e-mail
For more information, or to add your own FTP site, please see the
firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Atari 8-bit files|
- List more words in the search form to narrow the results.
- Add a "+" before a word to require it. ie, "
- Add a "-" before a word to exclude it. ie, "
- Put a "+" between words to stick them together.
- Or put quotes around words to stick them together.
- Matches are case-insensitive.
- Asterisks ("*") are ignored.