Atari Party 2014
Saturday, June 14th, 10am-4pm
Sunnyvale Public Library
"Atari Party" is free event celebrating decades of
video game and computing history of Atari. They've been held annually
since 2009, typically in Davis, California.
In 2014, Atari Party once again migrated to
Sunnyvale, California (long-time home to
Atari, Inc. and Atari Corp.),
where it was hosted by the
Sunnyvale Public Library.
We also received lots of help from our friends at the
Digital Game Museum
of Santa Clara!, as well as (of course) many
For 6 fun hours hours, the library was host to:
- Classic Atari video game consoles and handhelds
- Classic Atari 8-bit and 16-bit home computers
- Real-life Atari arcade games
- Other classic and modern video game consoles, running Atari video games
- Modern PCs running emulated Atari games
- Guest speakers
Hundreds of people came to play timeless classics — like
Asteroids, Pitfall!, Pac-Man,
Space Invaders, and many others — along with
less well-known titles from the 1970s-1990s, plus modern homebrew games!
The event was
and open to the public!