Atari Party 2014
Saturday, June 14th, 10am-4pm
Sunnyvale Public Library
We were invited to hold 2014's Atari Party in the heart of
Silicon Valley, at the public library in Sunnyvale —
the city that was the long-time headquarters of both Atari, Inc.
and Atari Corp.!
- VTA (the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority),
serves Santa Clara County and operates three light rail
lines, numerous bus lines, a paratransit service.
- The Amtrak
Capitol Corridor train stops at the Great America Parkway station in
- Caltrain stops in Sunnyvale
on Evelyn Ave., less than a mile away from the library
(take VTA Route 54).
- The closest BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
station is in Fremont.
- The Highway 17 Express (VTA Route 970) bus connects Santa Cruz
to San Jose (south of Sunnyvale).
- The Dumbarton Express bus connects the San Francisco peninsula
(Menlo Park and Palo Alto), on the west side of
the bay (north of Sunnyvale),
to the East Bay (Newark and Union City).
- ACE (Altamont Corridor Express), which connects Stockton to San Jose
(passing through Tracy, Livermore, Pleasanton and Fremont),
stops at Great America.
- For lots more, see 511.org's
Inside the Library
The Atari Party took place simultaneously in different
areas of the Sunnyvale Public Library.
Program Room Details
Dimensions: 34' × 54', approx. 1,700 sqft. available.
(Compare to Davis public library, which is 1,410 sqft.)
Tables available for the Program Room games set-up:
- 8 large (2.5' × 10')
- 4 small (2' × 4')
- 20 wooden (3.5' × 5') (can be brought in from Fiction section)